Tornado Shelter Product Information
The DuPont™ StormRoom™ with KEVLAR®, an aboveground, in-home hurricane and tornado shelter, can be easily added to an existing home or incorporated into any new building design. It can be created in any wall length from 4 feet to 12 feet as a customized system or standard size. The homeowner or builder can make StormRoom™ into a fully functional living space; all you need is wiring, plumbing (if desired) and a few finishing touches to create a StormRoom™ that doubles as an extra closet, powder room or laundry room. When installed in a home, DuPont™ StormRoom™ meets FEMA requirements for passive ventilation.
The DuPont™ StormRoom™ with KEVLAR® is easy to install and offers many benefits:
• Durable and strong yet lighter than steel and concrete shelters
• Can be easily added to an existing home or new construction
• Doesn’t interrupt the building cycle—can be installed from bare slab through framing or drywall
• When installed in a home, DuPont™ StormRoom™ meets FEMA requirements for passive ventilation.
• Handicap accessible door.
• It’s thoroughly storm-tested walls with DuPont™ Kevlar® allow for wireless use and radio reception, so you won’t be cut off from the outside.